Type of Surrogacy
There are two type of surrogacy which a intended parent can consider
- Traditional Surrogacy
- Gestational Surrogacy
Traditional Surrogacy:In this type of pregnancy a surrogate mother becomes pregnant through artificial insemination. She becomes pregnant when her own egg is fertilized by sperm from the intended father or donor sperm, however, TRADITIONAL SURROGACY IS NOT LEGALLY ALLOWED IN INDIA.
Gestational Surrogacy:In this type of surrogacy, the egg from the intended mother or an egg donor is fertilized by sperm from the intended father or a donor sperm. This is legally allowed in India and common than traditional surrogacy.
- Counseling:It’s very important for a surrogate mother to undergo the counseling procedure so that they can understand how treatment and other responsibilities will take place. Clinic is responsible to explain each and every activity involved in this process just like legal agreements, consents, medications, many clinic visits.
- Treatment in detail:The Surrogate mother begins the treatment with birth control pills to set her cycle with the intended mother’s cycle.
She will undergo below important monitoring:
1. Surrogate mother takes Lupron to suppress ovulation
2. Estrogen tablets to prepare the lining for embryo transfer.
3. When surrogate mother reaches close the date of embryo transfer, then she is required to take progesterone for the health of the baby and to maintain the further pregnancy. During this time, she will be monitored by blood tests and ultrasound to determine hormone levels and the appropriate development of her uterine lining. Three to five days after egg fertilization, a number of embryos are inserted into the surrogate’s uterus. This procedure only takes some minutes, and the surrogate remains at the clinic for some hours to have some rest. Once embryo transfer is done then we can check pregnancy test within 12 – 13 days.
- Support during pregnancy:A surrogate mother undergoes many checkups blood tests and ultrasound during surrogacy pregnancy. She needs extra care and mentally support. To provide the same Fertility Care India organize many events at surrogate home where every surrogate mother can share their thoughts, experience with each other. Fertility Care India head of coordinator keep them busy in interesting activities for healthy pregnancy.
- Care after delivery:Once a surrogate mother get delivered, Fertility Care India provide them complete care, rest and medications. We give recovery time to our delivered surrogate mothers for more than one month. Once they are perfectly alright and their tests are within normal limit only then our medical team allows them to back to their normal life.
FCI’s surrogate mothers are well paid and well cared for, both physically and emotionally. We also care for their family throughout the time they are enrolled in our program. The excellent healthcare, family support and monetary compensation is the least we can offer our surrogates for the amazing gift they give - the gift of life! Our surrogate mothers feel immense pride and satisfaction in being able to help our clients become families.